Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Recommended Reading, Listening and Watching 11-13-15 edition

Each week (more or less) I send out an e-mail to my congregation sharing my thoughts along with a list of things I’ve read, listened to or watched that I think are worth passing along.  I’ve been neglecting my blog lately and this list is from a while back, but the stuff on this list is still worth digesting if you haven’t seen it already.

Recommended Reading and Listening
Mizzou Protests and Racism on Campus
Racism 
Starbucks Red Cup Uproar
  • UCC minister, Emily Heath, has a great response to those Christians who are upset about Starbucks' choice of cups for the holidays.
Renee Girard
  • Philosopher and anthropologist Rene Girard died this week.  His thoughts about the significance of Jesus' death has greatly influenced my own thoughts on the subject.  You'll hear a bit about his theories in this Sunday's sermon.
LGBTQ Equality
  • CCCUCC's Seminarian, Bethany Meier, was a volunteer at the Reformation Project, a conference for people working for LGBTQ equality in churches who reject LGBTQ people.  Here's the keynote speech.
Faith

No comments: