Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Recommended Reading 7-28-17 Edition

Regularly, if somewhat spasmodically, I share a list of things I'm reading, watching and listening to with my congregation.  If I remember to do so, I also post it here on my blog:

United Church of Christ 
Podcasts
  • Radiolab--"Revising the Fault Line"--A really provocative episode about how much free will do we really have vs. how much is genes, neurology, etc.? Warning: the main story is a disturbing one--yet also fascinating because of the questions it raises. I'm a proponent of free will, but the more I work with people who have mental health issues as well as the people who treat them, the more I wonder about all the things we do not know about how our brains work. I will be thinking about this one for a long time.
The Political Divide

The Religious Right
LGBTQ
Other Stuff I Think is Cool

You can find more stuff that I think is worth reading, watching and listening to by following me on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments: